With this in the config…

 <requestHandler name="/display_tutor_rank" class="solr.SearchHandler">
     <!-- Note! Needs FuzzyDismax handler! -->
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="mm">0</str>
       <bool name="lowercaseOperators">false</bool>
       <str name="fl">id,
       image_thumb_large, image_thumb_medium, image_thumb_small,
       image_thumb_xlarge, uri, user_id, last_name, first_name,
       name, school, major, graduation_year, tutor_profile_id,
       positive_reviews, negative_reviews, gender, about_experience,
       about_extracurricular, time_approved</str>
       <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
       <str name="qf">about_experience  about_extracurricular School
Major</str>
       <str name="scores"></str>
       <str
name="sort">sum(interaction_responsiveness_score,profile_completeness_score,school_score,us_tax_id_score,highlight_score,${scores})
 desc</str>
       <str name="boost">log(sum(1,max(positive_reviews,0)))</str>
       <str name="tie">0.1</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

I see this… [Solr 6.3.0]

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to reload core
[tutors_shard1_replica11]
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.reload(CoreContainer.java:950)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.lambda$getConfListener$6(SolrCore.java:2708)
        at
org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.lambda$fireEventListeners$4(ZkController.java:2448)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Could not load conf for core
tutors_shard1_replica11: Error loading solr config from solrconfig.xml
        at
org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.getConfig(ConfigSetService.java:85)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.reload(CoreContainer.java:942)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading solr config from
solrconfig.xml
        at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.readFromResourceLoader(SolrConfig.java:187)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.createSolrConfig(ConfigSetService.java:97)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.getConfig(ConfigSetService.java:77)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No system property or default
value specified for scores
value:sum(interaction_responsiveness_score,profile_completeness_score,school_score,us_tax_id_score,highlight_score,${scores})
 desc
        at
org.apache.solr.util.PropertiesUtil.substituteProperty(PropertiesUtil.java:65)
        at org.apache.solr.util.DOMUtil.substituteProperties(DOMUtil.java:298)

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org