Hi Vrindavda,

It is hard to tell anything without testing and details on what/how is indexed, how it is going to be queried and what are latency/throughput requirements.

25M or 12.5M documents per shard might be too much if you have strict latency requirements, but testing is the only way to tell. I would suggest that you set up index with single shard and see how many documents you can put into it to meet latency requirements under expected load (if you plan to have 2 replicas that is roughly the half of the expected load). Leave some room for distributed query overhead. After you get that number you can see how many shards you need to have.

HTH,
Emir