As I said before, this is a great application for pay-as-needed cloud servers.

Netflix’s first use of Amazon EC2 was encoding movies for different screen
sizes, data rates, codecs, and DRM. They would fire up a hundred or a thousand
instances, feed movies to them, pick up the encodes, then release the
instances.

Ten years later, Amazon offers a service to do that (Elastic Transcoder):
https://aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/
<https://aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/>

Here is an example of configuring OCR using Amazon Lambda, which is how I would
do it, both for OCR and PDF.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33588262/tesseract-ocr-on-aws-lambda-via-virtualenv/35724894#35724894

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33588262/tesseract-ocr-on-aws-lambda-via-virtualenv/35724894#35724894>

wunder