You might want to drop a note to the dev or user's list on Apache POI.

I'm not extremely familiar with the vsd(x) portion of our code base.

The first item ("PolylineTo") may be caused by a mismatch btwn your doc and the
ooxml spec.

The second item appears to be an unsupported feature.

The third item may be an area for improvement within our codebase...I can't
tell just from the stacktrace.

You'll probably get more helpful answers over on POI.  Sorry, I can't help with
this...

Best,

           Tim

P.S.
>  3.1. ooxml-schemas-1.3.jar instead of poi-ooxml-schemas-3.15.jar

You shouldn't need both. Ooxml-schemas-1.3.jar should be a super set of
poi-ooxml-schemas-3.15.jar