On 4/13/2017 4:37 AM, Uchit Patel wrote:
> I have recently moved my cores from SOLR 5.1.0 to 6.4.0.  I am using windows
> environment. I have large data in cores. I have total 6 cores with total data
> 142 GB. All cores are migrated perfectly but one is giving error:
>
> SolrCore Initialization Failures
>
>    - core_name:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> JVM Error creating core [core_name]: Java heap space
>
> I checked SOLR_HEAP="8g" in solr.in.sh
> Why I have problem in only one core ?

Heap space problems affect the entire process, and the reason for
needing more heap may not be apparent from logs.  An OutOfMemoryError
may be thrown from *ANY* part of the program when you run out of heap,
even pieces of the program that aren't the actual problem.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Java_Heap

Thanks,
Shawn