On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Andrea Gazzarini <gxs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Shalin,
> many thanks for your response. This is my scenario:
>
>  * I build my index once in a day, it could be a delta or a full
>    re-index.In any case, that takes some time;
>  * I have an auto-commit (hard, no soft-commits) set to a given period
>    and during the indexing cycle, several hard commits are executed. So
>    the buildOnCommit (I guess) it's not an option because it will
>    rebuild that suggest index several times.

Yes, you're right, multiple commits will cause the suggest index to be
rebuilt needlessly.

> But I have a doubt on the second point: the reference guide says:
>
> /"Use buildOnCommit to rebuild the dictionary with every soft-commit"/
>
> As I said, I have no soft-commits only hard-commits: does the rebuild happen
> after hard commits (with buildOnCommit=true)?

I peeked at the code and yes, actually the rebuild happens whenever a
new searcher is created which means that it happens on soft-commits or
on a hard commit with openSearcher=true.

> The other option, buildOnOptimize, makes me curious: in the scenario above,
> let's say documents are indexed / deleted every morning at 4am, in a window
> that takes 1 max 3 hours, how can I build the suggest index (more or less)
> just after that window? I'm ok if the build happens after a reasonable delay
> (e.g. 1, max 2 hours)

Can the client not send an optimize command explicitly after all
indexing/deleting is complete?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.