The only two canned orderings are "index" which means lexically
ordered and the default frequency, the top 500 most frequent facets
will be returned.

You can always specify facet.query=XXX and I think they are returned
in the order you define the facets. If you have a small number of
facets you require you could do what you're doing now but add a few
facet.query clauses.

Best,
Erick