On 5/2/2017 4:24 AM, Venkateswarlu Bommineni wrote:
> We have Solr setup with below configuration.
>
> 1) 1 collection with one shard
> 2)  4 Solr Nodes
> 2)  and replication factor 4 with one replication to each Solr Node.
>
> as of now, it's working fine.But going forward it Size may reach high and
> we would need to add new Node.
>
> Could you guys please suggest any idea?

I'm assuming SolrCloud, because you said "collection" and "replication
factor" which are SolrCloud concepts.

As soon as you start the new node pointing at your zookeeper ensemble,
it will be part of the cluster and will accept requests for any
collection in the cluster.  No index data will end up on the new node
until you take action with the Collections API, though.

One way to put data on the new node is the ADDREPLICA action.  Another
is to create a brand new collection with the shard and replication
characteristics you want, and use the new collection instead of the old
one, or create an alias to use whatever name you like.  You can use
SPLITSHARD and then ADDREPLICA/DELETEREPLICA to put *some* of the data
from an existing collection on the new node.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API

I think the way I would proceed is to create a brand new collection set
up with the correct number of shards and replicas to use the new node,
populate that collection, delete the old collection, and set up a
collection alias so that the new collection can be accessed with the old
collection's name.

Thanks,
Shawn