Hi,

Started getting below errors/exceptions. I have listed the resolution
inline. Could you please see if I am headed right?

The below error basically says that there are no more threads can be
created as the limit has reached. We have big index and I assume the
threads are being created outside of jvm and could not be because of low
ulimit setting of nproc (4096). It has been increased to 131072. This
number can be found by ulimit -u

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:714)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:950)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1368)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ExecutorUtil.java:214)
        at
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.SolrZkClient$3.process(SolrZkClient.java:268)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:522)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:498)

The below error basically says that there are no more files can be opened
as the limit has reached. It has been increased to 65536 from 4096. This
number can be found by ulimit -Hn, ulimit -Sn

java.io.IOException: Too many open files
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:422)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:250)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.accept(ServerConnector.java:382)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:593)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)

Thanks,
Satya