Daniel,
Is it worth saying that you have honkin' long queries and there must be a
simpler way? ( I am a big fan of KISS . .  Keep It Simple Stupid). I am not
calling you names, just saying that this acronym comes up in just about every
project I work on. It is akin to the Peter Principle, where design complexity
inevitably increases to the breaking point, then I get cranky. And you probably
can tell us a solid reason for having the long queries.  Cheers -- Rick