Hi,

Can anyone confirm if this  "service --version" command works ? For me to
install in SUSE distribution,  "service --version" commands always fail and
abort the solr installation with printing the error  "Script requires the
'service' command"

To make it work, i had to change "service --version" to "service --help".

If someone can confirm, i'll raise a JIRA to have this minor fix.

install_solr_service.sh =>  Solr 6.6.0
---
---
---
if [[ $SOLR_START == "true" ]] ; then
  service --version &>/dev/null || print_error "Script requires the
'service' command"
  java -version &>/dev/null     || print_error "Solr requires java, please
install or set JAVA_HOME properly"
fi
lsof -h &>/dev/null             || echo "We recommend installing the 'lsof'
command for more stable start/stop of Solr"