Have you found a solution to this?  I'm seeing the same behavior (running
solr v6.5.0):

- source data center replicates to target just fine
- autocommit on Source with openSearcher=false causes tlogs to rollover at a
reasonable size
- a post-import explicit commit (with the default openSearcher=true) causes
docs to be visible on Source
- autocommit on Target with openSearcher=true (and a higher maxTime /
maxDocs) causes tlogs to roll eventually and docs to become visible without
any need for a final explicit commit
- tlogs on Target clean up (get deleted) just fine, after each hard commit
- *tlogs on Source are never deleted and I can't figure out why*

I've tried this with the cdcr buffer both enabled and disabled, and tried it
with DataImportHandler imports as well as SolrJ posts of updates.  I can't
find any combination of settings that causes tlogs on the Source cluster to
be cleaned up.  Any ideas on how to manage this other than implement a
manual log deletion routine on the filesystem?