Hi,We are using some features like collapse and joins that force us not to use
sharding for now. Still i am checking for possibilities for load balancing and
high availability.1- I think about using many solr instances run against the
same shard file system. This way all instances will work with the same data. I
know there may be issues with synchronization and open seachers. But my main
concern with this, will we have some lock issues like deadlock between
instances?
2- Having some collections owned by each instance. For example if I have 9
collections and 3 solr instances, I will divide the collections so that 3
collections owned by each instance.3- Can I influence the order of the
solrCloud Client? I mean if I have 3 instances ins1, ins2 and ins3. Am I able
to ask the solrCloudClient to try ins1 first, then ins2 and finally try ins3?
Any more suggestions is more  than appreciated.
ThanksMikhail