Hi devs,

I have setup solr highlighting with default setup (only changed the
fragsize to 0 to match any field length). It worked fine but recently I
discovered it doesn't highlight for words with special characters in the
middle.

For an example, let's say I have indexed email address test.f...@ran.com to
a ngram field. And when I search for the partial text fsdg, I get the
results but it's not highlighted. It works in all other scenarios as
expected.

The ngram field has termVectors, termPositions, termOffsets set to true.

Can somebody please suggest me, what may be wrong here?

(sorry for the unstructured text. Typed using a mobile phone )

Regards
Lasitha