bq: We want to use a copy field as a source for another copy field.

As asked, this is not supported. You can copy the same source field to
multiple copy fields however.

copyFields can take glob-type source specifications if that helps.

It would help if you gave concrete examples. You say "date created".
How is that indexed? received_date ditto? If you have something like a
dynamic field definition *_date of type, say, "tdate" you can
copyField where the source is "*_date" for instance.

Best,
Erick