Hi there,

We are using solr-6.3.0 and have the need to replace the solr index in
production with the solr index from another environment on periodical
basis. But the jvms have to be recycled for the updated index to take
effect. Is there any way this can be achieved without restarting the jvms?

Using aliases as described below, there is an alternative, but I dont think
it is useful in my case, where I have the index from other environment
ready. If I build new collection and replace index, again, the jvms need to
be restarted for the new index to take effect.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45158394/replacing-old-indexed-data-with-new-data-in-apache-solr-with-zero-downtime

Any other suggestions please.

Thanks,
satya