Hi markus,

try to stop your indexing/update processes and restart your ZooKeeper
instances (not all at the same time of course). This is what I do in these
cases and helped me so far.

Von:    Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
An:     Solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Datum:  31.08.2017 09:49
Betreff:        6.6 Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates are disabled.

Hello,

One node is behaving badly, at least according to the logs, but the node
is green in the cluster overview although the logs claim recovery fails
all the time. It is not the first time this message pops up in the logs of
one of the nodes, why can it not talk to Zookeeper? I miss a reason.

The cluster is not extremely busy at the moment, we allow plenty of file
descriptors, there are no firewall restrictions, i cannot think of any
problem in our infrastructure.

What's going on? What can i do? Can the error be explained a bit further?

Thanks,
Markus

8/31/2017, 9:34:34 AM
ERROR false
RequestHandlerBase
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates
are disabled.
8/31/2017, 9:34:34 AM
ERROR false
RequestHandlerBase
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates
are disabled.
8/31/2017, 9:34:36 AM
ERROR false
RequestHandlerBase
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates
are disabled.
8/31/2017, 9:34:38 AM
ERROR false
RecoveryStrategy
Could not publish as ACTIVE after succesful recovery
8/31/2017, 9:34:38 AM
ERROR true
RecoveryStrategy
Recovery failed - trying again... (0)
8/31/2017, 9:34:49 AM
ERROR false
RequestHandlerBase
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates
are disabled.
8/31/2017, 9:34:49 AM
ERROR false
RequestHandlerBase
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot talk to ZooKeeper - Updates
are disabled.
8/31/2017, 9:34:50 AM
ERROR false
RecoveryStrategy
Could not publish as ACTIVE after succesful recovery
8/31/2017, 9:34:50 AM
ERROR false
RecoveryStrategy
Recovery failed - trying again... (1)