Hello,

You can not do this in Solr, you cannot even send non-character code points in
the first place. For Apache Nutch we solved the problem by stripping those
non-character code points from Strings before putting them in SolrDocument.
Check the ticket, you can easily resuse the strip method.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to move the method to SolrDocument or somewhere
in SolrJ in the first place, so others don't have to bother with this problem.

Regards,
Markus