: This is typically the kind of description I need, but I wonder if the
: one cited above is still valid (since it was apparently written quite a
: time before final commit).
: Assuming it is, what's then the difference between the STEPS mentioned
" and the STAGES later introduced (STAGE_START, STAGE_PARSE_QUERY, etc...) ?

I don't have any answers to your questions, but i would like to suggest
that whoever does have hte answers (hem: Yonik?) update
"DistributedSearchDesign" to reflect reality (i think it was orriginally
just some brainstorming notes) and link to it from "DistributedSearch" ...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearchDesign

-Hoss