Hi Shamik,

funny enough, we had a similar issue with our old legacy application
that still used plain Lucene code in a JBoss container.

Same, there were no specific queries or updates causing this, the
performance just broke completely without unusual usage. GC was raising
up to 99% or so. Sometimes it came back after some while but most often
we had to completely restart JBoss for that.

I never figured out what the root cause was, but my suspicion still is
that Lucene was innocent. I rather suspect Rackspace's hypervisor to be
the blamable.

So maybe you can give it a try and have a look at the Amazon cloud settings?

Best,
Michael