I have no idea why Hybris would initiate these queries, I'd suggest
you ask them.

As to why they'd lead to memory consumption, they shouldn't as Yonik
said. The sort parameter may be uninverting the _docid_ field into the
JVM memory space, but that should happen immediately as of the first
query. If you're getting OOMs after the first few queries are
processed that's a mystery.

There was a bug in Solr (search the JIRA list) where _reloading_ a
core caused a memory issue, but again this would be a case where you'd
have to ask the Hybris folks why they were reloading cores (if they
are).

Sorry I can't be more help,
Erick