I should have read this. My project has been running from apache solr 4.x, and
moved to 5.x and recently migrated to 6.6.1. Do you think solr will take care
of old version indexes as well? I wanted to make sure my indexes are updated
with 6.x lucence version so that it will be supported when i move to solr 7.x

Is there any best practice managing solr indexes?

Harry