Thanks for the suggestion Anshum , appreciate your response..!

I tried using MLT with the field that stores the similarity index of topics
this could be related to.
But this wasn't really accepted as the solution, as this could not resolve
my next stage of the problem where I need to get the effective 'number of
posts' where the topics which were found as related topics as deduced by
MLT were found together.
So I believe MLT leverages these number to orders the returned set
internally.
So the major challenge was to get those numbers too as they are being used
on graph where these number are plotted.

I wonder if there's an alternative way to get it.
Appreciate any further input on this.

Thanks,
Atita