On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The example solrconfig.xml has useCompoundFile as false both in the
> indexDefault as well as in mainIndex section. Should we change that?

Compound was a *lot* slower indexing in past versions of Lucene...
It's probably better now, but I'm not sure by how much.
Multi-threaded search performance is also generally a little worse
(because of the fewer file descriptors).  Some recent changes in
Lucene (cloning the CFS Descriptor, NIO, etc) suggest we should look
into changing the default for 1.4 after some tests have been done to
verify.

-Yonik