On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Kenny Knecht <ke...@ontoforce.com> wrote:
> Hi Yonik,
>
> I am aware of the estimate on the hll. But we don't use the hll as a
> baseline for comparison. We ask the values for one facet (for example
> Gender). We store these counts for each bucket. Next we do another request.
> This time for a facet and a subfacet (for example Gender x Type). We sum
> all the values of Type with the same Gender and compare these sums with the
> numbers of previous request. These numbers differ by 60% which is quite
> worrying. Not always it depends on the facet, but still.
> Did you get any reports like this?

Nope.  The counts for the scenario you describe should add up exactly
for single-valued fields.  Are you sure you're adding in the "missing"
bucket?

When you some up the sub-facets on Type, do you get a value under or
over the counts on the parent facet?
Verify that Type is single-valued.  One would not expect facets on a
multi-valued field to add up in the same way.
Verify that you're getting all of the Type constraints by using a
limit of -1on that sub-facet.

-Yonik