We hopefully will switch to Kubernetes/Rancher 2.0 from Rancher
1.x/Docker, soon.

Here are some utilities that we've used as run-once containers to start
everything up:

https://github.com/odoko-devops/solr-utils

Using a single image, run with many different configurations, we have
been able to stand up an entire Solr stack, from scratch, including
ZooKeeper, Solr, solr.xml, config upload, collection creation, replica
creation, content indexing, etc. It is a delight to see when it works.

Upayavira