Leo, the general rule of thumb here is that the Solr index should *not* be
your main document store.  It is the index to your document store, but if
it needs to be re-indexed, you should use your document store as the place
to index from.

Your index will not have the full source data (unless ALL your fields have
stored=true, which suggests you are using it as a document store, see my
first point), so you should look to where you index your data from, that is
what should drive your new index.