Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like the method that I'm using to
automatically add replicas on Solr 6.2 is not recommended and not going to
be supported in future versions.

A couple of follow up questions then:
* Do you know if running with legacyCloud=true will make this behaviour
work "for now" until I can find a better way of doing this?
* Will it be enough for my newly added nodes to then startup solr (with
correct ZK_HOST) and call the ADDREPLICA API as follows?
```
curl http://localhost:port
/solr/admin/collections?action=ADDREPLICA&collection=blah&shard=*shard1*
```
That seems mostly equivalent to writing that core.properties file that I am
using in 6.2