On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Lance Norskog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to add a bias to the ordering in the distributed search
> feature? That is, if the search finds the same content in two different
> indexes, it always favors the document from the first index over the second.

Handling duplicates is not currently done as a feature, but as a check
against a mistake.
It's not currently deterministic... first one returned will win.

Here's the relevant code from QueryComponent:

          String prevShard = uniqueDoc.put(id, srsp.getShard());
          if (prevShard != null) {
            // duplicate detected
            numFound--;

            // For now, just always use the first encountered since we
can't currently
            // remove the previous one added to the priority queue.
If we switched
            // to the Java5 PriorityQueue, this would be easier.
            continue;
            // make which duplicate is used deterministic based on shard
            // if (prevShard.compareTo(srsp.shard) >= 0) {
            //  TODO: remove previous from priority queue
            //  continue;
            // }
          }