De: Jason Rennie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: jueves, 11 de septiembre de 2008 21:58
Para: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Asunto: Re: What's the bottleneck?

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:29 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what is your index configuration???

Not sure what you mean.  We're using 1.2, though we've tested with a recent
nightly and didn't see a significant change in performance...

> What is your average size form the returned fields ???

Returned fields are relatively small, ~200 characters total per document.
We're requesting the top 10 or so docs.

How much memory have your System ??

8g.  We give the jvm a 2g (max) heap.  We have another solr running on the
same box also w/ 2g heap.  The Linux kernel caches ~2.5g of disk.

> Do you have long fieds who is returned in the queries ?

No.  The searched and returned fields are relatively short.  One
searched-over (but not returned) field can get up to a few hundred
characters, but it's safe to assume they're all < 1k.

> Do you have actívate the Highlighting in the request ?

Nope.

> Are you using multi-value filed for filter ...

No, it does not have the multiValue attribute turned on.  The qf field is
just an integer.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason