(I'm responding on the mailing list to a personal email.  Sunny, please use the
mailing list, rather than replying to my personal email address.  Note that
this is a community policy/convention, not just my own preference.)

On 09/15/2008 at 11:04 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi thanks a lot for your quick answer,
> Just little question what is exactly solr trunk .. is it the
> root folder with build folder, build.xml file ...client, dist,
> src folder ? is it this place ?

You should read about Subversion, the version control repository that Solr uses
to track changes to its source files.  Here's a link to the free online book
for version 1.4:

<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/index.html>

In particular, Chapter 4 "Branching and Merging" discusses (on the second web
page of the chapter) what "trunk" means:

<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.branchmerge.whatis.html>

Also, there is a link from the HowToContribute web page to the wiki page "Solr
Version Control System" <http://lucene.apache.org/solr/version_control.html>
that contains a link to a web site that lets you browse the contents of the
repository using your web browser: <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/>.
 If you go there, you'll see that one of the top-level directory names is
"trunk".

Steve