Hi Dariusz,

On Jan 12, 2018 14:40, "Dariusz Wojtas" <dwoj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am working with the LTR rescoring.
Works beautifully, but I am curious about something.
How do I specify the feature store in a way different than using the
[features] syntax?
    [features store=yourFeatureStore]

What is the problem with this syntax? If the problem is the name of the
field, you can also call it by doing fl=title,authors,myfield=[features
store=yourFeatureStore]
I can't think of alternative ways..

I have a range of models in my custom feature store, with plenty of
features implemented.
I have found that when I call LTR with model using only two features, Solr
still executes them all.

My setup in solrconfig.xml
-
<str name="fl">id,score,why_score:[explain style=nl],[features
store=store_incidentDB]</str>
<str name="rq">{!ltr reRankDocs=$reRankDocs model=simpleModelA}</str>
--

simpleModel above only uses LinearModel with 2 features.

What do I see in results?
In response I can see it has executed ALL features (there are values
calculated) in section:
1)  -> response -> result -> doc -> <str name="[features]">HERE</str>

In addition, there is my model executed and only TWO features of the
executed model are presented in:

It is intended, the reason is that usually you want to execute your model
and at the same time log a *superset* of the features to train the next
model. If you want to compute only the features of the model you can define
a featureStore that matches exactly the features that you have in the model.

2)  -> response -> debug -> explain

Why do I see all features being executed, if the specified model only
contains two features?

I tried to reduce 'fl' to:
  <str name="fl">id,score,why_score:[explain style=nl]</str>
and id works as expected then:
1. additional features are not executed (correct)
2. my model works, only two features of the selected model (correct)

And the final questions for this long email are:
1. why does it execute all features when i specify 'store'?
2. how do I specify the 'store', if I have more stores, but do not want to
execute all their features?

Just define a feature store that matches the features that you have in the
model. Please note that the featureStore that you specify in fl= [features]
field **will not** affect the reranking (the model will compute only the
features that are specified in the model json file), you should ask for the
[features] only if you want to log them.
Please do not hesitate to ask if something is not clear ;)

Cheers,
Diego

Best regards,
Dariusz Wojtas