Hi,

Is it possible to use the strdist() function to return distance on the
child document field?
Let's say I have:

<doc>
   <str name="id">1</str>
   <str name="type">record</str>
<str name="firstName">Adam</str>
<doc>
      <str name="id">A1</str>
      <str name="type">address</str>
      <str name="address.type">business</str>
      <str name="address.street">Shakespeare</str>
</doc>
<doc>
      <str name="id">A2</str>
      <str name="type">address</str>
      <str name="address.type">correspondence</str>
      <str name="address.street">Baker Street</str>
</doc>
</doc>

What I want to do is to search for documents:
  type:record
  firstName:Adam
  and return max strdist('Shakespeare', address.street, edit) as the
resulting score?

or
  type:record
  firstName:Adam
  and return max strdist('Shakespeare', address.street, edit) of
"address.type:business" as the resulting score?

I am trying with the {!parent} mode and {!function}, various combinations.
But I do not get what I'd expect.

Best regards,
Dariusz Wojtas