SOLR main servlet catches all Throwable. In case of very popular OOME with standard JVM from SUN you will get exactly this behaviour.
==============
http://www.tokenizer.org/bot.html

Quoting Peter Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am using Solr 1.2.0 with Jetty and I am experiencing some odd failures of
Solr.  Solr seems to just stops listening for new TCP connections.  The Solr
process continues running and log contains nothing suspicious (to me,
anyway) but curl requests against the server fail with "connection refused"
and `netstat --listening` does not list the Solr port.  Restarting Solr
fixes the problem (curl request work, etc).  This happens once or more a
day.

Any one have any ideas about how to figure out what is going wrong?

Peter Williams