Hi Weal,
If you want HA and FT you have to have at least two Solr nodes and 3 zookeeper
nodes (if you plan on using SolrCloud).

If you want just to be sure you don’t have to reindex your data in case
something goes wrong, you can use Solr backup feature:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/making-and-restoring-backups.html
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/making-and-restoring-backups.html>

HTH,
Emir