Hello Ryan,

>  SQL database such as H2

Mainly to offer joins and be able to perform hierarchical queries.
Also any other types of queries a hybrid SQL search system would
offer.  This is something that is best built into SOLR rather than
Lucene.  It seems like a lot of the users of SOLR work with SQL
databases as well.  It would seem natural to integrate the two.  Also
the Summize realtime search system that Twitter purchased worked by
integrating with Mysql.  The way to do something similar in Lucene
would be to integrate with a Java SQL database.  Also hierarchical
queries could be performed faster using this method (though I could be
wrong, if there is a better way).

> to have multiple lucene indexes within a single SolrCore?

I don't like the whole multi core thing from an administrative
perspective.  That means each index needs a separate schema and
configuration etc.  That becomes hard to manage if there are 10+
indexes required and is definitely not as simple as an SQL database
does not require so many separate directories and manual
configuration.  It would be simple to add this into SOLR.  In general
though I have trouble figuring out many of the design decisions of
SOLR though and so hesitate to implement things that seem to go
against the SOLR design model (is there one?).

> 9. Distributed search and updates using a object serialization which

Where would I start with integrating this into SOLR?  Need some help
on that part of it.  Tell me what's best and I'll integrate it, it
should be the easiest on the list.

Jason