That's really the point of the default managed-schema, to be a base
you use for your customizations. In fact, I often _remove_ most of the
fields (and especially fieldTypes) that I don't need. This includes
dynamic fields, copyFields and the like.

Sometimes it's actually easier, though, to just start all over.

BTW, do not delete any field that begins and ends with an underscore,
e.g. _version_ unless you know exactly what the consequences are....

Best,
Erick