Hi,

We have a query that we can resolve using either facet or search with rollup.
In the Stream Source Reference section of Solr’s Reference Guide
(https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_1/stream-source-reference.html#facet)
it says “To support high cardinality aggregations see the rollup function”. I
was wondering what it’s considered “high cardinality”. If it serves, our query
returns up to 60k results. I haven’t got to do any benchmarking to see if
there’s any difference, though, because facet so far performs very well, but I
don’t know if I’m near the “tipping point”. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes
Senior Lead Software Engineer @ Expression Atlas Team