Bootstrapping is not broken but the default in Solr 7 is to set the cluster
property legacyCloud=false which means that bootstrapped cores cannot
register new collections automatically anymore. If you want to rely on the
old behavior then you need to set the cluster property legacyCloud=true.
This was also mentioned in the upgrade section for Solr 7 in CHANGES.txt

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.