Thanks Joel for your help on this.

What I've done so far:
- unzip downloaded solr-7.2
- modify the _default "managed-schema" to add the random field type and the
dynamic random field
- start solr7 using "solr start -c"
- indexed my data using pint/pdouble/boolean field types etc

I can now run the random function all by itself, it returns random results
as expected. So far so good!

However... now trying to get the regression stuff working:

let(a=random(tx_prod_production, q="*:*", fq="isParent:true", rows="15000",
fl="oil_first_90_days_production,oil_last_30_days_production"),
    b=col(a, oil_first_90_days_production),
    c=col(a, oil_last_30_days_production),
    d=regress(b, c))

Posted directly into solr admin UI. Run the streaming expression and I get
this error message:
"EXCEPTION": "Failed to evaluate expression regress(b,c) - Numeric value
expected but found type java.lang.String for value
oil_first_90_days_production"

It thinks my numeric field is defined as a string? But when I view the
schema, those 2 fields are defined as ints:

When I run a normal query and choose xml as output format, then it also
puts "int" elements into the hitlist, so the schema appears to be correct
it's just when using this regress function that something goes wrong and
solr thinks the field is string.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
​