On 3/29/2018 5:02 AM, Paul, Lulu wrote:
The keyword search Carré  returns values Carré and Carre (this works well as I added the tokenizer
<filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory" preserveOriginal="true"/> in the
schema config to enable returning of both sets of values)

Now looks like we want Carre to return both Carré and Carre (and this dosen’t
work. Solr only returns Carre) – any ideas on how this scenario can be achieved?

Charlie Hull has hit the nail on the head regarding searching.  I actually would remove the preserveOriginal flag from that filter.  If the filter is run at both index and query time, you don't need preserveOriginal.

If you're talking about what's displayed in your search results, that is completely unaffected by analysis.  Analysis only affects queries and the data that goes into the 'indexed="true"' part of the index.  Search *results* are almost always exactly what was sent to Solr.

There is UpdateProcessor functionality that can sit between the values sent to Solr and what actually goes into stored/indexed/docValues.  Things that happen during update processing ARE visible in search results.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/update-request-processors.html

Thanks,
Shawn