On 4/2/2018 9:00 PM, Raymond Xie wrote:
I see there is "/browse" in solrconfig.xml :

  <requestHandler name="/browse" class="solr.SearchHandler"
useParams="query,facets,velocity,browse">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
     </lst>
   </requestHandler>

and  name="defaults" with one item of "df" as shown below:
   <initParams
path="/update/**,/query,/select,/tvrh,/elevate,/spell,/browse">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="df">_text_</str>
     </lst>
   </initParams>

My understanding is I can put whatever fields I want to enable index and
searching here in parallel with  <str name="df">_text_</str>, am I correct?

Be careful with the /browse handler.  It is not intended for production use.  The primary reason is that in order for /browse to work, the end user must have direct access to the Solr server -- the /browse handler instructs the user's browser to make direct calls to Solr's API.  Those calls do not happen server side.  The /browse handler serves as an example of Solr's capability.

Giving end users direct access to Solr, unless you put an intelligent proxy in between them that can block undesirable requests, is a security risk.  Configuring such a proxy is not a trivial exercise.

The standard query parser uses the df parameter (default field) to indicate which field to search when no field is given. The df parameter can only use ONE field.  The dismax and edismax parsers have qf, pf, and friends, to specify multiple fields to query.

Thanks,
Shawn