@wunder

Are you sending updates in batches? Are you doing a commit after every
update?

>> We want the system to be near real time, so we are not doing updates in
>> batches and also we are not doing commit after every update.
>> autoSoftCommit once in every minute, and autoCommit once in every  10
>> minutes.

This thread increase is not happening in all the time, on our peak hours
where used we to get more user interactions the system works absolutely
fine, suddenly this problem creeps up and system gets into trouble.

nproc value increased 18000.

Did jetty related linux fine tuning  as described in the below link

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/high-load.html

Thanks.