Hi Jacob,

Aha, the first time, I see.  Without knowing the background I'd say: "So why
would you expose your Solr instances to search in the first place if the index
is not in place?  Just copy the index to Solr slaves manually the first time
and then start the slaves."

On the other hand, I think the "I'm not ready yet" type of response might be
something that Solr should have in the future.

Otis