: How would I handle a search for 21" or 3'. The " and ' symbols appear to
: get stripped away by Lucene before passing the query off to the
: analyzers.
: We are also using the DisjunctionMaxQueryParser to build the actual
: query from the front end.

Nothing should be striping apostrophes before handing them to the
QParser.

DisMaxQParserPlugin automaticly strips double-quotes when there is
an odd number (using SolrPluginUtils.stripUnbalancedQuotes) .. if
there is an even number it assumes they are there to force a phrase
query -- but if you are using DisjunctionMaxQueryParser directly, nothing
should be touching your quote characters.

-Hoss