Thanks Alessandro for the info.

I am currently in the phase to find the right setup with shards,
nodes, replicas and so on.
I have decided to begin with 5 hosts and want to setup 1 collection with 5
shards.
And start with 2 replicas per shard.

But the next design question is, should each replica get its own instance?

What will give better performance, all replicas in one java instance or
having one instance for each replica?

What is your opinion?

Regards
Bernd