bq. But don't forget a final client.add(list) after the while-loop ;-)

Ha! But only "if (list.size() > 0)"

And then there was the memorable time I forgot the "list.clear()" when
I sent the batch and wondered why my indexing progress got slower and
slower...

Not to mention the time I re-used the same SolrInputDocument that got
bigger and bigger and bigger.....

Not to mention the other zillion screw-ups I've managed to perpetrate
in my career.... "Who wrote this stupid code? Oh, wait, it was me.
DON'T LOOK!!!"...

Astronomy anecdote....

Dale Vrabeck...was at a party with [Rudolph] Minkowski and Dale said
he’d heard about the astronomer who had exposed a plate all night and
then put it in the hypo first. Minkowski said, “It was three nights,
and it was me.”