Thanks Erick,

 I am using TLOG replicas in this SolrCloud cluster - 3 shards, each with
3 replicas.

Here¹s my decision logic based on my (limited) understanding -
All shards seem to be equally used so to improve performance by adding
shards I think I'd have to double from 3 shards to 6 (as indexing load is
distributed equally)
and when I do that then I should also double the number of AWS instances?

Thanks!

-Frank

Frank Kelly
Principal Software Engineer