Simply set "text" to be multivalued (one for each *_t field).

        Erik

On Sep 22, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Jon Drukman wrote:

I have a dynamicField declaration:

<dynamicField name="*_t" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

I want to copy any *_t's into a text field for searching with dismax. As it is, it appears you can't search dynamicfields this way.

I tried adding a copyField:

<copyField source="*_t" dest="text"/>

I do have a text field in my schema:
<field name="text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

However I get 400 errors whenever I try to update a record with entries in the *_t.

INFO: /update  0 2
Sep 22, 2008 10:04:40 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
SEVERE: org.apache.solr.core.SolrException: ERROR: multiple values encountered for non multiValued field text: first='Centennial Dr, Oakland, CA' second='' at org .apache .solr.update.DocumentBuilder.addSingleField(DocumentBuilder.java:62)

I'm going to guess that the copyField with a wildcard is not allowed. If that is true, how does one deal with the situation where you want to allow new fields AND have them searchable?

-jsd-