In a mixed-hardware situation you can certainly place replicas as you
choose. Create a minimal collection or use the special nodeset EMPTY
and then place your replicas one-by-one.

You can also consider "replica placement rules", see:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/rule-based-replica-placement.html.
I _think_ this would be a variant of "rack aware". In this case you'd
provide a "snitch" that says something about the hardware
characteristics and the rules you'd define would be sensitive to that.

WARNING: haven't done this myself so don't have any examples to point to....

Best,
Erick